Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Public Service or Public Disservice Announcement?

The web address for my public service announcement is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qoY_5ymOo. For our project, Katie, Mariah, and myself traveled all over Ashwaubenon taping at everything from a park, to a church, to Starbucks. We attempted to make our announcement very catchy and memorable. But looking back on it, was our announcement a public service, or a public disservice. Do awful harmonization and ridiculous activities really make our community look the best it possibly could? Or possibly the catchiness of the entire video would inspire people to find out more about our great village... Who knows? All I do know is I had a ton of fun with this project and I would definitely like to do a project like this again in the future.

My favorite video is Kelsey, Meghan, and Allen's. The web address for their video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Cz6l2IL2I. I really liked their video for a few reasons. First, it was very evident they put a lot of effort into the project. The pictures were actually taken by them and they were in many of the pictures. Also, they seemed like they were having a lot of fun which makes the presentation seem much better. For me viewing the video, the pictures kept me engrossed in the announcement until it was totally over. Finally, in the video it was actually easy to understand Kelsey, Meghan, and Allen when they were talking, a major criticism I have when viewing many of the other videos.

My other favorite video is found at this address: http://www.youtube.com/user/appsychology1023#p/u/11/6I1L6LT_0NE. It is very easy to understand, and it contains a lot of information. I also really liked the song at the end. It made the announcement much more exciting and it made Ashwaubenon seem like a great place to live (kind of weird, I know, but that was my impression).

Basically, for me, this project was all about clarity and content. If a video was easy to understand (not too close or far from the microphone) and it contained good information, the project was one of my favorites. I think that many people don't have much experience with video and audio recording and editing, so these projects are a challenge for many. I personally like them (however challenging they might be because I don't have much experience either) because they are a different way of thinking. Instead of just the left brain, we are working the right brain as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment