I guess I can start with my reactions to that test... Ouch. Thankfully it will be curved, but still. I really didn't think it was that bad, but I guess it was. As for the test today, I decided I really need to study up on some disorders and some therapies.
I know all of my posts have been related to personal experience, but I feel that it is the best way for me to discuss my knowledge of the concepts, so, again, here are some personal connections to psychology. I was reading an editorial in Time magazine, and it was talking about when it was necessary to receive therapy for a so called 'marriage disorder' or something of that sort. It was when a person gets married, five, six, seven, eight... a lot of times. It was also discussing drug therapy because it was talking about a patch to emulate the symptoms of marriage, much like a patch would be used to treat nicotine addiction. I just found this a bizarre article.
As for different disorders, I have found myself to be obsessive-compulsive at times, checking to make sure I locked my car doors, two, three, or even four times. While I can't say that I am as extreme as some of the examples in the book, I do have many obsessive-compulsive habits. However, they seem to come in spurts, so I will be obsessive for a while and then it will go away. For example, I will have a time where I have to brush my teeth right away after every meal, and then some extra times. While this isn't necessarily a bad habit, it does sometimes get annoying. Fortunately, I haven't been like this in a while. Another disorder it sometimes seems like I suffer from is Bipolar disorder. Some days I feel really motivated to study and do other things, while other days I feel like doing nothing of the sort (like this morning, although that feeling seems to have passed). Anyway, this is probably more just mild mood swings, since I am never really depressed, I just have days I am less happy. Also, if I am not motivated to do homework, I am motivated to work out, play piano and saxophone, or read. It just seems that I have different compulsions (used on purpose, by the way) on different days.
Basically, while I don't think that I suffer from any of the disorders mentioned in the book, I do feel that I exhibit some of the symptoms of the disorders, in milder forms. This probably can be seen in all of us, however, if we all look hard enough...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment