Well, the reading for tonight has definitely gotten me thinking about my recent days. Starting last week, I have been really (really, really, really, etc...) stressed. With three AP tests, Solar Olympics, and Senior Night looming, I have been up to my neck in stressors. I need to build a solar cooker, I have tests every other day, I need to learn a piano accompaniment, and I need to make display boards. AGH!!!
Hopefully this will not shorten my life by too much, since stress does take its toll on the body, according to the book. Thankfully, I do take a little time to unwind, which the book said is extremely helpful. A lot of times when I have just had enough studying, I will play saxophone, exercise, or just lay on my bed and relax. I definitely helps to relieve some of the stress... Just in time to start studying again! I definitely cannot wait until the AP tests are in the past...
I am thankful, though, that I have close friends to talk to, which the book also mentions as something that helps. Also, I tend to be happy, which can definitely offset some of the stress. I do find myself extremely satisfied with life, because I feel like I accomplish a lot every day- there is no wasted time (except maybe my fourth hour, but I devote about a third of that class to studying physics, so it isn't completely wasted time). I guess to sum everything that I said up (you really didn't have to read all of the information before this), I have been finding many connections between stress and emotions in my life. When the stress happens, though, I use relaxation activities to unwind, and my close friends and my mostly cheerful disposition have helped me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment